Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

In Mali, I realize that that’s hard to believe. But, you haven’t seen my house yet! After my trip en brusse, we swung through San and stopped by the stage house there to use the facilities. They had loads of decorations and had stockings mounted for each San volunteer. I was jealous. Our Sevare bureau doesn’t have crap. So, I decided that that night I would start to decorate my house.

Granted, I have no Christmas tree or Christmas lights, or even construction paper which would have taken me a long way. But what I did have was white paper, a ton of Crayola markers and ambition to be in the Christmas spirit. I put on the only Christmas music I had at the time – I’ve since downloaded lots more – a CD I bought Freshman year at Starbucks called Golly Get Jolly and I started out to work. Though I’m not done, I thought I’d share the fruits of my labor, thus far. Any interior decorating ideas, using computer paper and markers, would be appreciated!


Peanuts Advent Calendar that my sister sent. No chocolate, but it's an ADVENT CALENDAR. Awesomeness, anyone?

I took me the whole night to decorate and cut out each letter, but Merry Christmas was in order.


This guy was a late inspiration, but look how delicious he turned out. If only we could make gingerbread cookies here.


And, despite not having a real tree and presents, at least these turned out well.


Merry Christmas, Mali.