Friday, January 16, 2009

Ameriki Greatness Part II: NC

This photo should have a website all to it's own. After 20 months, the glorious, succulent taste of a chicken fajita burrito from Chipotle has a rendez-vous with my taste buds. This was by far a headline of the trip.

Despite the white knuckled trip from TN to NC, I was very excited to arrive there. My plans for post-PC include moving to the Raleigh/Durham area before continuing with Grad School in 2010. Despite having visited before, I looked forward to checking out my new stomping grounds. It was also going to give me a chance to hang out with Emilee before she returned to South Carolina for school to start again. We all had a great time together, going bowling, playing air hockey, shopping the after Christmas sales, making dinner together and playing monopoly and bumming around in general. Beth was sick and highly contagious, so her Dr. asked her not to go to work and infect everyone around her. Therefore, more time was had with her too! Em, it was great seeing you and spending time together. I can't wait until I'm there and you can come spend double the time in NC hanging out with not only one, but two very cool Aunts!
Em and Beth in the bowling mood.


Air hockey - best game in the world, hands down!

And my short sister who can barely reach the puck. Poor thing! Though, this is an inventive way of playing the game.

Since when are 15 year old nieces supposed to be taller than 24 year old Aunts? I'm even wearing heels!


NC also gave me my first visit to Trader Joe's - or Trader Ming, depending on the ethnicity of food you're buying. I instantly fell in love with the goodness I've only heard of for so long.

After Emilee left, Beth and I had a little over a week in order to get lots done. There was chilling that needed to happen, movies that needed to be watched, books that needed to be read, a wedding who's plans needed to be started, and there was of course lots of EATING that needed to be done. The amount of food we ate was terrible! We'd both come home after eating out and say, "Okay, I don't need to eat until next Thursday," yet we'd find ourselves delighting just the next day. I don't regret any of it...it was only 8 lbs in a month - which honestly, is not bad at all! Thanks a million to you, Beth, for making my stay amazing and fattening. I can't wait to get back and see you more often and hang out all the time in Durham!

My amazing sister, Beth, with her amazing new haircut! Love you!